Growing Fitness Business Looking For Motivated Entry Level Customer Service Representative
This is a part-time job - approximately 15-25 hours per week to start.
I'm looking for a highly organized, detail oriented individual to fulfill a unique set of needs. Caffeine and Kilos is searching for a motivated and hard working person to run various customer service tasks.
Most stuff made for the gym doesn't make sense anywhere else. Caffeine And Kilos products make you look great and feel amazing everywhere, so you are confident in and out of the gym.
Our company runs an e-commerce business that promotes a healthy, active lifestyle. We support Olympic hopefuls and world record holders. We need someone who has the talent and motivation to help us serve and retain more customers so we can grow the movement.
This job is NOT right for the average person that just wants to put in the 9-5 and doesn’t care about the impact they make on the world.
But if you genuinely love helping people, solving problems, being super-organized, creating highly effective systems, and working in a fast moving organization that improves people’s lives and makes the world a better place, then this may very well be your dream job. Seriously.
You’ll be able to work on –and direct – cool projects that have the potential to scale – BIG time – as part of an organization that is making an impact.
This is your chance to put all of your cutting edge expertise to work, instead of doing the same boring job day-in and day-out.
As a customer service representative, you’re responsible for having a constant pulse on customers feel of the business. The perfect person for this position looks for any way they might help to grow the company and delight all customers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Our customer service will spend much of their time helping customers with any order issues and fine-tuning systems so that they operate like a well-oiled machine.
You’ll focus not only on gathering and presenting data but constantly checking the quality and efficacy of the data we’re collecting to help our company reach its goals.
You will work with our leadership and marketing teams, staying up to date in order to measure both long and short-term company goals.
You will identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns, and communicate those findings along with suggestions for improvements or to reveal new opportunities or glaring weaknesses within the company.
You will develop and craft communication with old and new customers.
You may travel occasionally to coordinate or assist with Expo’s and competitions.
You’ll be given the opportunity to work autonomously, to proactively drive key tasks, and have a large say in the direction of your work.
But in order to be the perfect fit for this position, you’ll need to operate at a high level and have impeccable communication skills so that nothing falls through the cracks.
And you must also be the type of person that thrives in this fast paced environment, and can keep all of your projects running on schedule.
To do that, I need you to be very prepared, highly organized, a clear thinker, incredibly curious, consistently persistent, willing to learn, and someone who works quickly.
In short, the right person has to be willing to do virtually anything that needs to be done and they have to do it with a smile on their face.
The right person:
- Is a self-starter who is willing and capable of learning new tasks, while always improving.
- Has experience or baseline knowledge of email and current communication tools.
- Is incredibly proactive. They look for things that need to be done and they do them. They don't wait around until they are told to do something.
- Organized. We have a lot going on. These are exciting times. We need someone who is deeply, obsessively organized and makes sure no projects get left behind.
- Flexible. You need to be comfortable when plans change when things go wrong. I need someone with a cool head and a can-do attitude.
- Positive. You have to be positive. We don't want to hear complaints. We want to hear what you're doing to make each day a kick ass day.
- Has a super-clean record. We'll do a detailed background check on you. If you've been in trouble in the past, don't apply.
- Is an excellent communicator: both written and verbal.
- A FAST learner. We'll expose you to many, many new and amazing opportunities. But if you can't pick up new concepts fast, you'll be lost and I'll be frustrated.
- Bonus points if you’re a perfectionist. There’s nothing wrong with getting things right.
Compensation is variable. This is an entry level position, so the starting pay will reflect that. However we’re willing to pay more if you prove to be amazing.
This job is based in Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento, CA. You will be required to be here in our office during the week.
So, if you think you might be the right person for this job, send me your resume and, more importantly, a short cover letter. I don't want some generic cover letter… (If you send a form letter, I'll throw it away without a second thought.)
Finally, there’s just one more thing I need you to do.
Write a response email to a (fictional) customer named Jed who wrote in telling us that he go the wrong sized shirt in the mail. It doesn't really matter what you promise him, but how you treat him does matter. (hint: treat him like he's your friend).
In your application, please include your customer response email on a separate page.
Please email your cover letter, application “homework”, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: 2022 CSR Application