The 4th of July is just around the corner and we’re here to celebrate! Since most people will be using this holiday to celebrate the freedom to gather (and drink socially), we comprised a list of low-cal cocktails to help keep your alcohol-related calorie intake to a minimum. (Because let’s face it: we don’t need the calories. But sometimes we want them.)
1. Blueberry Mint Fizz
1 1/2 oz. Smirnoff blueberry vodka
- Fruit filled ice cubes (or agave)
- 2 1/2 oz. club soda
- 5-8 mint leaves
- Place mint leaves in a cocktail of shaker and muddle.
- Add regular ice (not the fancy fruit ice), vodka, and club soda. shake, shake, shake.
- Pour over fancy fruit ice and enjoy.
- **If you are not using the fancy fruit ice then you may want to add agave or St. Germain liquor to add a touch of sweetness. Also for a more intense blueberry flavor add 5 or so fresh blueberries to the bottom of your shaker along with the mint and muddle.**
2. Skinny blueberry lemonade
- 1 1/2 oz citrus vodka
- 3 oz club soda
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 packet of sugar-free sweetener
- Few frozen or skewered blueberries
- Fill your desired cocktail glass with ice (or frozen blueberries!)
- Add all ingredients
- Stir well and serve!
3. Easy rose spritzer
- 5 medium-sized ice cubes
- Rosé wine
- Club soda
- Slice of lemon
- Place ice in glass.
- Fill the glass half full with wine, then top up with the club soda.
- Garnish with the slice of lemon.
- Enjoy immediately; preferably on a patio somewhere.
4. Blueberry, basil, ginger, vodka mash
- 1 1/5 oz premium vodka (I like Tito’s, which is Gluten Free if you care about things like Gluten)
- 2 1/2 oz soda water
- 1 oz blueberries
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 2 slices of lime squeezed
- 4 leaves of basil
- Muddle the ginger, blueberries, lime juice and basil with vodka. Then shake with ample ice and soda water.