Congratulations! You’re over halfway done with CK3K! But there’s still work left to do. To help you finish strong, we’ve made a list of all the benefits you’ll reap from keeping up with your squats.
- Increased strength. Duh. Squats target your glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, hip flexors, and core muscles. So, you’re building strength across the board, which transfers over to every other movement you make. Except maybe bicep curls, but probably also bicep curls.
- Caloric burn. Another no-brainer. You burn about 32 calories for every 100 squats (if you’re an average human). So, by doing 100 squats a day for a month, you burn an extra 960 calories! But the real win is in number of additional calories you’ll burn for the rest of your life with all the new muscle tissue.
- Reduced chance of injury. Think about it this way: your legs are your foundation. And a sturdy, mobile foundation is the key to mitigating risk in general but especially in sport. When you add strength AND mobility with squats, you’re more likely to escape any situation where you might get hurt. Plus, squats will highlight imbalances and deficiencies, providing opportunities to strengthen your weaknesses and build a better, injury-resistant base.
- Added confidence. When you build strength, you build confidence. It’s just a fact. And walking into a room feeling strong is like a super power that you earned. You exude it, people sense it, and no one can take it away from you. 3200 squats later and you're nearly a Spartan.
- Better joints. Our joints function best when they’re in constant use, strengthened properly and well-lubricated. When you squat regularly, you strengthen and build all the muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments that support your joints. You also produce synovial fluid, which lubricates your joints and keeps them in good working order. (Pro tip: if your joints still feel creaky, try some Clearly Collagen. You’ll have the joints of a 22-yr old Olympian in no time.)
After a month of bodyweight squats you'll basically be a well-oiled machine, but you've still got two weeks left! Keep posting your videos to Instagram and tagging #CK3K for the chance to win $100 to C&K, and remember we're always here for you with the sweet nectar of success: caffeine.